What does this notice cover?
If you fail to provide necessary Personal Data to us – we will indicate to you when this is the case, for example, by making this information clear in our registration forms – we may not be able to provide you with our services.
For individuals based in the European Economic Area ("EEA") and Switzerland, this notice also describes your EEA data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing that Nespresso carries out. For more information see, “More information for individuals from the EEA and Switzerland” outlined below.
What information do we collect?
Personal contact information. This includes any information you provide to us that would allow us to contact you, such as your name, postal address, email address, social network details, or phone number.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data:
- As required by Nespresso to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests. In particular to answer to your enquiries. This typically requires the use of certain personal contact information and information regarding the reason for your inquiry.
- Newsletter and information about our programs. With your consent (where required), we use your Personal Data to provide you with information about our sustainability programs (e.g. Newsletter). This can be done via means such as email, phone calls and postal mailings to the extent permitted by applicable laws. Some of our information is run on third party websites and/or social networks. This use of your Personal Data is voluntary, which means that you can oppose (or withdraw your consent in certain countries) to the processing of your Personal Data for these purposes. For detailed information on how to modify your preferences in relation to marketing communication, please see the Sections below.
- Cookies/Similar Technologies. Please see our Cookie Notice to learn how you can manage your cookie settings and for detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them.
- Log Files. We collect information in the form of log files that record website activity and gather statistics about your browsing habits. These entries are generated automatically, and help us to troubleshoot errors, improve performance and maintain the security of our websites.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that deliver a graphic image on a web page or in an email for the purpose of transferring data back to us. The information collected via web beacons will include information such as the IP Address, as well as information about how you respond to an email campaign (e.g. at what time the email was opened, which links you click on in the email, etc.). We will use web beacons on our websites or include them in emails that we send to you. We use web beacon information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to, site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, email auditing and reporting.
We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the details below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
We will share your personal data with Nestlé Group companies.
We use a variety of reasonable measures (described below) to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure. Your Personal Data will be processed by our authorised staff or agents, on a need to know basis, depending on the specific purposes for which your Personal Data have been collected. Personal Data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Nespresso for the purposes identified above. In particular, we use third party providers for website operation, support services, data analysis etc.
Personal Data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Measures taken in operating environments. We store your Personal Data in operating environments that use reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorised access. We follow reasonable standards to protect Personal Data. The transmission of information via the Internet is, unfortunately, not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data during transmission through our websites/apps.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch with us using the contact details available on the Sustainability Contact detail page.
MORE INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS FROM THE EEA AND SWITZERLAND
Transfers outside the EEA
We might transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA (e.g. other Nespresso/Nestlé entities or ad-hoc in-country partners) including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. Where information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to the contact details set out above.
What rights do I have?
Where provided by law, you, your successors, representatives and/or proxies have the right to access, review and request a physical or electronic copy of information held about you to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data. You also have the right to request information on the source of your Personal Data. These rights can be exercised by sending us an email to Application.SustainabilityHQ@ch.nestle.com or writing to us at Nespresso, Avenue d’Ouchy 4, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland, attaching a copy of your ID or equivalent details (where requested by us and permitted by law). If the request is submitted by a person other than you, without providing evidence that the request is legitimately made on your behalf, the request will be rejected.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances – in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for sending you direct marketing such as the Newsletter of Information about our programs.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in its implementing legislation. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, you can get in touch with us using the details set out above. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
How long will you retain my data?
We keep the data as long as necessary to satisfy our legal obligations.
Please note that any identification information provided to us will only be processed in accordance with, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
Your choices about how we use and disclose your personal data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data that you provide to us. The following mechanisms give you the following control over your Personal Data:
Cookies/Similar Technologies. You manage your consent via (i) our consent management solution or (ii) your browser so as to refuse all or some cookies/similar technologies, or to alert you when they are being used.
Newsletter and Information. If you wish to have your Personal Data used by Nespresso to promote its programs, you can indicate so through the relevant tickbox(es) located on the registration form or by answering the question(s). If you decide that you no longer wish to receive such communications, you can subsequently unsubscribe from receiving marketing-related communications at any time, by following the instructions provided in each such communication.
Changes to our Notice
If we change the way we handle your Personal Data, we will update this Notice. We reserve the right to make changes to our practices and this Notice at any time, please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Notice.
DATA CONTROLLERS AND CONTACT
To ask questions or make comments on this Notice and our privacy practices or to make a complaint about our compliance with applicable privacy laws, please contact us at: Application.SustainabilityHQ@ch.nestle.com mentioning Sustainability Web Site in your enquiry.
We will acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage Personal Data (including a complaint that we have breached your rights under applicable privacy laws).
Avenue d’Ouchy 4, 1006 Lausanne,
All activities related to the Sustainability Web Site